1895 Forage Cap

$85.00

The Army wanted to get away from the unpopular 1872 forage cap, a new undress cap was needed. The 1895 forage cap came in to service January of 1896 for the enlisted personnel, The 1895 forage cap marked a change in American headgear, departing from the French influence to somewhat British influence. Made of dark blue wool, enameled leather visor and bound with patent leather, 4 black metal ventilation eyelets. Officers version also available with mohair band, see drop down below.
Officers version shown.

NOTE, I am still playing catch up due to last year's emergence closing of my shop. I would like to thank everyone for your understanding, especially to my regular customers for hanging in there with me. My estimate time to complete new orders is upwards of about 18 weeks, which I'm slowly chipping away at. I appreciate your business and thank you all for your patience. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.
PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.

International customers please allow 7 to 14 business days for delivery from mailing date.

Add to Cart:

Size Chart

Please Choose:

This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 21 March, 2012.

Copyright © 2024 Quartermaster Depot. Powered by Zen Cart